Thursday, August 20, 2009

Superman

The name of my blog came from my husband and I feel like I am on a journey. Today was no different, I took off to the Plaza once again by myself and shopped. Always have been a loner, born the last of 5, the baby. My three older sisters and I do not have much in common, they were out of the house before I can remember them living there. They share the same memories and jokes, and I have always been on the outside. My older brother of course fits more with them, as he is the only boy.

When my mom remarried I gained 5 step siblings, the only girl is my sister's age and they share the same memories also. The 4 boys are the same age as my sister's with the exception of 2 whom are still older than me. So when the families combined, I was the only girl at home. We lived in a area outside of Topeka Kansas. so there were not a lot of girls my age. So much of my life I have had to amuse myself.

I enjoy shopping by myself and have even gone to movies alone. Eating out alone does not bother me either. Sometimes I envy the women around me who do everything together, just for a moment. I then remember I am on my own journey and do not have to rely on anyone.

The exception would be for my spouse! He is my best friend, my superman, and my rock. This journey without him has been tough. Our daughter is always busy working, and cheerleading etc, so he is alone also. I talked with her today and she said "Mom, I am just to busy to be lonely, but when I am home, Dad is outside still". Oh how I miss her and her smiling face (usually), sometimes I still get the eye rolls.

Well today is my last night and I will get to go home tomorrow after work, and I will have the pedal to the metal. Anxious to get home and then just sit in my house. My house I love, remodeled by my superman. Everywhere I look, I see his craftsmanship and I am comforted. My dog, my daughter and my swimming pool, and of course my SUPERMAN.

No comments:

Post a Comment