My 17 year old daughter watches Lifetime movies with me. She always says "Mom, why do we watch these movies? They always make us cry!". My reply is "Its always good to cleanse our souls with a good cry."
I try to use the movies as a tool, a way to educate her and enjoy the movie also. This weekend is Trouth Youth or something like that and we watched 2 movies today about young girls. We clean and cook with the television on Lifetime. We have Dish Network and a DVR, so we can stop the TV and do laundry. We will always have those times together, we create memeories, just us girls.
Family is important, but we do not see them often enough. Today my spouse and I went to a memorial service for his Aunt that just passed. She was in her 90's and had lived a full life. It made me realize that time passes by so fast! My baby will be leaving the nest next year and I am not ready. I know she thinks so but inside she is scared and she does not want me to see it.
She has my strength, but her Dad's I do not need you Mom. I just hope she grows out of that and will let me back into her life. As I posted before, My mom became my best friend, and I am praying the same will happen.
When one person dies, a new one is born. We have a child coming into the world in about 1 1/2 weeks. Just as the Lord commanded, and how we populate the world. Best wishes to the Grandparents and my they have the same joy we have with our 6 grandchildren.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment