Today I had the opportunity to tour the KCPL district at lunch. Downtown development gone so right! Great music and restaurants and atmosphere and parking. Four dollars for about one hour of use. The parking garage offers free loaner umbrellas, jump starts, and other amentities. From a parking garage, I guess it makes sense now that it was $4.00 to park.
I often wonder about the power lunch term, I am looking for a quick and delicious lunch. I am sure that a lot of major decisions could be made while dining in a elegant, sporty, Irish, and Mexican restaurants. There were enough power suits sitting around us, I beleive were making decision while waiting for their food. Is this path I would like to take in my career? Making decisions or implementing them? Maybe a little of both and a makeover.
Dress for success and for one step above the position you are in. I beleive this is a very true statement, but I am always overly warm. Therefore I do not wear a lot of suit jackets, but in this different office, I am cold. The whole attitude in this temparary office is a total 360 from what I am used to. Postive I can learn for this experience and take back with me, and maybe influence my main station.
I am a late bloomer to the large government office I work for. In addition the position I held prior to know, took 10 years to get promoted. I have never sat that long in a position in my entire career. I was beginning to think, it was me. Today proved me wrong, the tour of the main office showed me that there were so many younger than me! I felt left behind, but with hope. Mobile is the way to go for advancement, sitting in a local office your are not seen. Management is the one who can recommend your our let you sit. I am thinking, a little seed, that maybe I should move to a bigger city with more opportunites. In turn that brings urban sprawl and the unpleasantries that come with the big city.
I am going to let the seed ferment and grow. Maybe one day I will bring the seed out and plant in another city. Change can be very good, if we allow it in our lives. Off to dinner BLT'S and hopefully some veggies to top it off.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment