Sunday, September 20, 2009

Home at last

Home for one week, yahoo!!!! I even cooked dinner tonight and washed the dishes. The rule is whoever cooks the other needs to wash the dishes or load the dishwasher. I went to the grocery store with my spouse, and then I went to Walmart by myself. That can be somewhat trying, but I like to look and catch the bargains.

Bargains, I am 48 years old and still do mycoke rewards and clip all the coupons I can find. Today I saved at Dillon's $18.00 and about $7.50 at Walmart. I know women who will not clip and buy name brand only. My mother is ingrained in me very deeply, and she was the best bargain shopper I know, next to me. My daughter is also very aware of the cost of articles, I only buy on clearance and out of season. She has a lot of good clothes, maybe not want she wanted exactly, but close enough.

While in KC I made the rounds of American Eagle and found some very good bargains at all the stores. Legends A&E had denim dresses, but the other stores did not. I got her a denim strapless dress and she wore it to work, with her ankle cowboy boots! To cute :).

The dress was $19.99 with 15% off to boot. This is how I shop. Today I realized for myself I am going to have to bring the game up and dress more professionally, and that will cost money. I need at least one good suit with pants, and a skirt. Some more polyester pants (not like our mothers generation). I do plan and getting promoted again, and I will not wait another 10 years for it to happen. My daughter is in her senior year and off to college, there is nothing holding me back but myself. Growth, and huge growth is coming and I better be ready, it is coming whether or I like it or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment